Look Mom, look what I made!

Welcome to my craft space. Hope you enjoy the collection. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop me a note!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Knits: Inexpensive Gift Ideas That Keep Everyone Warm

Earwarmer Headbands: keep your ears warm without getting hat hair from a full beanie, and they're super CUTE!




I just finished this children's watermelon beanie I crocheted for my goddaughter.


For the main hat portion, I used this video: http://www.videojug.com/webvideo/how-to-crochet-a-baby-beanie-using-a-single-crochet-stitch

For the scalloped brim, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=japGIpp4p5I

I experimented with some black buttons for the "seeds", but ended up hand stitching them instead using black yarn.

I am so excited to gift this to the little kiddies in my life. I want to make a similar beanie that resembles a strawberry.

Another project I just finished is this cowl neckwarmer:
I used circuluar needles to create a tube using the simple knit stitch, and then created the flower by using a scallop pattern. I then took the scalloped lace and configured into a flower. To attach the flower onto the cowl I simply sewed the whole flower onto the cowl using the same yarn and and embroidery needle.

Many prefer a cowl to a scarf because it consists of one looped piece; ie: no wrapping. This cowl can easily be pulled over your head, sit nicely around your neck and chest, and under your zipped up winter coat.




















No comments:

Post a Comment