Look Mom, look what I made!

Welcome to my craft space. Hope you enjoy the collection. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop me a note!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Framed Jewelry Stand


I like taking walks around my new Southie Boston neighborhood, you'll never know what you'll run into. I often pass by some old brownstone homes filled with ornate mid century pieces. I found this old crusty frame during one of my daily walks to the grocery store. To think, it was just laying there on the curb with a pile of junk ready for the garbage pick up date. I had to snatch it up! Yes, if you might ask, I did end up carry it around the grocery store, but the final result of the project paid off!  I wanted to convert it into a jewelry stand to display some of my accessories. 

Here are the supplies I used:
-chicken wire
-wire cutters
-staple gun
-framing wire
-eye screws (to attached framing wire so you can hang the darn thing on the wall)

Easy Instructions:
1. Lay the frame face down on the ground or table top. 
2. Use the wire cutters to trim a sheet of the chicken wire to fit the backside insert of the frame. Make sure to leave a 1/4 inch in excess 
3. Start from one corner of the frame and tuck the excess wire to the inside of the frame
4. With a staple gun, attached chicken wire to the inside of the frame. 
5. After stapling around the whole inner frame, make sure all the excess wire has been tucked in.
6. Attach eye screws and twist framing wire around firmly, wrapping several times around the whole wire itself as well as through loops.



No comments:

Post a Comment