Look Mom, look what I made!

Welcome to my craft space. Hope you enjoy the collection. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to drop me a note!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Silk Blossoms

I'm still getting used this whole blogging thing, posting pics, leaving comments, etc. My friend Angie of http://www.santanaphoto.com/ took these great photos of my latest Spring creations. Muchas Gracias Angie!
These are some flowers I made with some silk fabric. I love the weight and texture of silk. It's super simple. I started by cutting the fabric into different sized circles. Taking one circular piece of fabric, I then stitched around the whole circumference then pulled the thread tight, gathering and bunching the fabric in the center, creating a bubble. I flattened the bubble, keeping some puff, and sewed into the center of flower. I don't know what I'm going to do with these little guys, but I made them in different colors and sizes. I was thinking I would make some flirty pins, headbands, and belts with them. Shoutout to Celeste for sending me an Angel;)



Here they are in a rich red:

No comments:

Post a Comment